When attempting to log in to Suitcase Fusion an error of "Suitcase Fusion has detected an incompatible version of FMCore." is seen when trying to launch the application.
1) Remove SF7
: By default, the uninstaller will not remove your fontvault (which contains your fonts and font sets).
Keep the box un-checked.
2) Move previous Font Vault to the Desktop
- Navigate to: [Macintosh HD]/Users/[UserName]/Library/Extensis/Suitcase Fusion/ and move the Suitcase Fusion.fontvault to your Desktop.
: In OSX 10.10 thru 10.12: You can access this menu by holding down the Option key and choose:
Go > Library
This will reveal this hidden directory from the drop-down menu
3) Re-Install Suitcase Fusion
4) Launch Suitcase Fusion
Launch Suitcase Fusion from your Dock or Applications folder.
- Re-install Suitcase Fusion 7 by using the "Installer" file located here:
5) Stop the TypeCore
- At this point you will not see fonts, sets or libraries and will be presented with an empty "Font Library" (i.e. Fontvault). System Fonts will show by default.
- In Suitcase Fusion 7, choose Suitcase Fusion 7 > Preferences and click the "Stop Suitcase Fusion TypeCore" button.
6) Restore old font vault on Desktop
- This will quit the Suitcase Fusion application and close the window.
- Macintosh HD/Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Extensis/Suitcase Fusion/
Note: In OSX 10.10 thru 10.12: You can access this menu by holding down the Option key and choose:
Go > Library
Again, this will reveal this hidden directory from the drop-down menu
7) Launch SF7
You should now see your old fonts and sets you had previously in SF.
If you need additional assistance with this process or have additional questions, please contact our Support Team using the link or phone number below:
1-800-796-9798 ext. 3 - Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM PST
5 Yes Votes
62% voted yes